My Niece Makayla London Garcia

My Niece Makayla London Garcia

Monday, November 28, 2011

12 Days after surgery!!!

On the 17th of November at 5am I checked it to RCRMC for brain surgery. Most of my family was asking me if I was scared but no I wasn’t, just ready to get it over with.  The process was long scary for my husband and parents. We didn’t get to the operating room till 11:30am and is should of only took an hour and a half at most, it took the surgery 5 hours. My tumor was turning hard so the surgeon had to carefully brake it in pieces before he was able to start taking it out during the surgery the doctor could not see my pituitary, this is not good at all. Because the surgery took so long they had to keep pumping me with Anastasia. They were having a hard time getting me up after surgery and had to send my mom and dad into where I was and I would open my eye and look at them then go back to sleep. They keep telling my that I had to stay awake so that they could move me to a room. I could just not do it, my parents left and Darren (my Husband) came and sat next to me holding my hand and waited till I woke up on my own. What took a good 6 hours.


            We were so happy that I was move to the ICU unit. I was in ICU for five days. They had to keep me in their till they could balance out my hormone levels on the 6th day they moved me to a regular floor and they sent me home at 9pm on Wednesday the 23rd of November. My family and I were so happy that I made it home for Thanksgiving and we were thankful for many things. I have 9 new medications and they help me so my body won’t shut down, and they are making it so that my body is swelling up like a balloon, it has started to hurt when I walk, and sleep. I have also been getting more pains in my head. It’s not as bad as before but still hurts, they call it healing pains.



            It has been 12 days since the surgery and I’m doing well for the most part. The doctors say that I will be out for 6 weeks and that’s if thing goes to plan. During this time I’m not able to do anything, I should take frequent rest periods. No lifting over 5 lbs or straining. Can’t drive or go to many places. I will have to start my blood work test that are every other week and all the doctor appointments with all the new doctors that are going to have to see me every other week as well for the next 6 weeks except that 2 that are going to be a big part of my life if my pituitary gland isn’t their. I’m just grateful and know that this is the plan that he and I had for me…..

No comments:

Post a Comment